Sunday, September 14, 2008

My life

I have a 4 1/2 year old son named Jayden. I work as an LPN at American Fork Hospital, which I absolutely love!!! Working in the nursing field is mentally and physically challenging, but it is the most rewarding job I have ever had! I am pursuing my RN degree at Ameritech College. As long as I pass all of my classes I will be done May 29, 2009. It has been very difficult going to school full time and trying to be a mom. Most of the time I am stressed and about to pull my hair out. Knowing that I will soon be able to give my son everything he needs is what keeps me going.

Jayden has aspergers, a mild form of autism. It has been a huge challenge and I am sure it always will be. He has been getting lots of help and is doing really well. This year he is at a special preschool for autistic children called Giant Steps. This is a huge blessing and we are so thankful that he was accepted. It’s also great because he goes all day, four days a week. It is a much needed break for myself and for my mom who watches him while I go to school. Although he often drives me nuts I love him more than anything.

They say the Lord doesn’t give more than you can handle but I am sure he had to have made a mistake. I do not have much patience and I really struggle with all of Jayden’s behavior problems. I guess that I was blessed with this child to teach me patience. I started this blog to hopefully get some advice and to help me stay sane as I love to blog my feelings.

No comments: