Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's gonna be tough!

This first two days of this week have gone by very quickly. I started my third nursing semester yesterday. This semester I am taking Medical Surgical Nursing II, Psych, Ethics, IV Pharmacology, and SCE(a class where you practice scenarios with a dummy that actually breathes, has a pulse, and blinks his eyes). You are suppose to try different things in SCE that either kill your patient or help him/her to get better. It is a pretty neat thing. Its so lifelike its kind of scary. I think this semester is going to be pretty tough. I am going to have to try pretty hard to be able to pass. Soon we will be learing how to start IV's and administer IV medications. I am not really looking forward to doing this.

3 comments:

Tyson and Amanda Blanco said...

Hey Tel;
I know you can do it your very smart. Its amazing how you keep going with your schooling, I don't think I could go that long. Tyson and I are so proud of you!! We will be there on Friday yelling for you!! YEAH SHANTEL!!

alisha peterson said...

you're a smart cookie. you'll do great.

Darla said...

Hi Shantel-I am so impressed and proud that you have done so well with all that you've done with school, work and raising Jayden at the same time! Let's do lunch sometime, just to get out and do something different! :)