Saturday, October 25, 2008

Waxing!


Not my best picture, but you can see what this stuff did to my face!
OK so it was time for me pluck my eyebrows again. I am tired of doing and look forward to the day that I can afford laser hair removal. Well I decided to buy a wax kit and just wax all the hair off at one time rather than one hair at a time. I went to Target spent 10 minutes choosing a kit. I got home got everything ready and went to town waxing my poor face. Well I got done and was noticing how red my face looked. I didn't think much of it as this is normal with waxing. I proceeded to wash my face off and put on this stuff that came in the kit that was suppose to soothe the skin. It didn't do that for me. My face immediately felt like it was on fire and began to swell up everywhere I had waxed. I was on the verge of tears. Never in all the other times of waxing had this happened before. I look like a freak. My face is still hurting and swollen 9 hours later. I dont know what to do. Ice helps but I am working and cant very well go around with that on my face. Oh its miserable. Next time I will pay someone to wax my eyebrows or I will go on plucking my hair one at a time. The nurse I am working with said that she had the same problem one time and it took a week for her skin to get back to normal. SCARY!!! Pay somebody if your need to get your hair removed, dont be cheap like me!

2 comments:

Darla said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you are doing okay. I will take your advice...do it yourself wax kits are not the answer!

Archuletas said...

I am so sorry to hear about your horrible experience, and to have to go to work feeling that way. Not fun at all. I hope you feel better WAY soon.