Saturday, October 4, 2008

No school! YaY!!

I have had a week of no homework or tests and it has been great. One more week until I start going to school full time again. Bummer! I am not looking forward to it at all. I have had a lot of anxiety lately, thinking that I wont be able to do what I need to do at clinicals. This semester I will be doing my clinicals at the hospital in Payson. I did my second semester at Timpanogas Hospital. They didn’t let us do anything there. I have always been with my friend, Liz. It has helped to have someone there that I know. This time I will be all by myself. I think that has made my anxiety worse. I have made it this far so it can only be downhill from here. I met with a Psychiatrist at Jayden’s school this week. She started him on some new medications. So far, knock on wood, they are helping a lot. He started them on Thursday night and on Friday his teachers say they saw a huge improvement. He is going to sleep earlier and sleeping all night. Hopefully these results will continue and he will be able to go to mainstream kindergarten next year. This year Jayden is going to Giant Steps, an autism preschool. I started volunteering there yesterday and was very impressed. They are so organized and structured. They know just what to do to keep the kids on track and under control. I feel so blessed that he was able to get in this year. I hope that as I continue to volunteer every week I can bring some of their ideas home to try. I was planning on starting Weight Watchers next week but I now have to postpone it for one or two more weeks. Well Jayden is waiting for me to get ready(I worked last night and slept all morning). We are going to see the crane they are using at my work right now. He is obsessed with cranes and plans to be a crane driver when he gets big(LOL). Maybe I can convince him to go see Kung Fu Panda tonight at the sticky shoe. We will see.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, Shantel! I just found your blog. It is so fun to see what is up in everyone's lives. I can't believe you are so close to being done with school. Way to go! I'm glad you got Jayden in a great preschool. Skyler started preschool this year, too, and Wes starts next year. We have a family in our branch that has a 12 year old son with Aspergers. I have known them since before I found out about Jayden's diagnosis, so it has been cool to get to know Isaac and see what Aspergers is all about. Keep up the great work! I know it is hard, but it will be worth it all some day.

Tyson and Amanda Blanco said...

Hey I tried to email you somthing but, It says that I have you email address wrong. Will you email me something to make sure that I got I right. See ya later.

Blanco Family said...

wow! I can't believe Jayden made it all the way through the movie. It was a cute movie.